Carl R. Boehme - Home Page
Stanford University Stanford, CA
MSEE Graduated 1971
(Computer Architecture & Systems Programming)
BSEE Graduated 1970
(Co-Terminal BS-MS Degree program)
|Researcher and Consultant
Current interests are focused on design and application of large scale computer systems to business opportunities in the area of e-commerce. Specializing in assisting clients develop strategic business plans and recognizing business opportunities in the area of Digital Computer Systems/Networks. Specifically in the area of e-commerce and in the "illumination" of corporate information via internet/intranet.
|Information Designs, Inc.
|E-Commerce Market Development manager
IDI is a provider of E-Commerce software solutions. Assisting management in bringing CC Payment Server, enterprise to market. Directed internet based marketing effort and assisted in developing the corporate structure.
|Pacific Computer Sales, Inc. (PCS)
|Design Engineering and Corporate Management
Pacific Computer Sales, Inc. was founded in 1983 for the specific purpose of designing and manufacturing computer peripheral interfaces for OEMs. Successful products included Direct Data Channel (DDC) and Optical Data Channel (ODC). Peak sales exceeded $330K per employee. PCS utilized consultants to achieve this goal and minimize overhead. Gross margins were in excess of 40% providing a maximum return to stockholder.
|Carl R. Boehme & Associates, Inc. (BAI)
||Palo Alto, CA|
|Senior Consultant and owner
BAI specialized in the development of digital subsystems for large scale computer systems and developed related systems software. BAI's profitability was directly correlated with the highly efficient project development teams consisting of programmers and engineers. Responsibilities included all aspects of corporate management.
- Principal-focused consultant dedicated to creativity and innovation with a high level of respect for all people. Determined to build strong relationships based on trust, open information flow, collaboration, integrity.
- Team player/leader who thrives in association with, and leadership of, technical personnel.
- Dedicated to the philosophy that Information informs us. And, informed people transform organizations. That all information is best made available via internet/intranet technology.
- Able to envision the benefit and application of new computer based technologies to organizations and society.
- Experienced Designer with experience at all levels of computer design, from sub-system components to large scale digital systems. Interested in designing scalable systems that are applicable to the "problem at hand" and, at the same time, economically feasible for the organization.
- Skillful communicator capable of communicating complex technical issues to management, marketing, subcontractors, team members and customers.
Unmarried, two children, good health, always learning attitude.
- Architecture of Computer Systems/Networks
- The design, implementation and utilization of very large scale Digital Computer Systems.
- The utilization of internet connected computer systems for the realization of e-commerce, communication and information dissemination.
- The design of economical, high performance, network servers.
- The security and fault tolerance of computer systems.
- The application and configuration of current hardware and software technology to these systems.
- The utilization of servers running Linux within the NT domain.
- Network Storage Systems
- The performance, fault tolerance, and management of Network Storage systems. In particular the suitability, and burdens imposed on performance and management by the application of various RAID levels on network storage systems.
- Development of Corporate Information Systems
- Utilization of the internet for the dissemination of corporate information to customers, distributors and vendors. To cause a shift in Corporate thinking towards the value of "illuminated", or exposed information. The "Virtual Corporation" accessible via our illumin.net. site is an example.
- Corporate Transformation Through Information "Illumination"
- Utilization of internet/intranet technologies as a means of making information and training available to all employees. This would result in the development of spontaneous employee teams through mutual interest and availability of information. This in turn increases leadership effectiveness and contributes to corporate "competitive readiness" for the 21st century.
- Marketing of CC Payment Server, enterprise using the internet as a medium.
- New Product planning and market analysis for e-commerce software solutions.
- Promoting Corporate internet/intranet Information Systems
- Development of a fault tolerant, medium to high performance network server based on the Xeon processor.
Recently Completed Projects (Queue length of about two years)
- Website development Information Designs, Inc. (on going)
- Website development (Team member)Coconut Furniture 7/99
- Design of an inexpensive medium performance network Server. The NSx4 is a single processor server based on the 433mHz, Celeron processor and a 440BX motherboard. This server is a great entry level server or backup server for MS Exchange 5/99
- Participated in the preparation of a business plan for a $10m Biological Sciences startup. Featured development of a Biological Fluids Analyzer; data comparison and analysis via internet; electronic software updates, subscription services and health profiling via internet. 3/99
- Conceptual design of the internet e-commerce side of a Biological Sciences startup. Determined a functional layout of the organization that would provide a synergy between research, development, production and customer service. 2/99
- Conceptual design of human urine, serum and breath Sample Bank facility. Capacity of 500,000 samples stored at -80 degrees centigrade. Determined computing, freezer and generator requirements. 1/99
- Conceptual design and development of the Product Development plan for an "at home" PC based "in home" Biological Fluids Analyzer. Development effort of $5m. 7/98
- Design and implementation of a scalable Windows NT dual server computer network. One server, a sacrificial server, acts as the network firewall; provides Remote Access service; and serves WebPages. The main server is situated securely behind the firewall. It acts as a primary domain controller, mail server and database server. The design is a secure network configuration that is economically feasible for the small business. 11/98
- Website development First Presbyterian Church (pro bono - on going)
- Wrote six papers on the Y2K problem. 2/98
- Website development (team member) Illumin.net 12/97
- Website development (team member) Northwest Freight Consultants 8/97
- Design of a high performance network Server. The NCx3 is a dual Pentium Pro based system based on the 430BX chipset. 8/5/97
500 W. Idaho Suite #203
Boise, Idaho 83702