|Homeland Civil Defense|
This website presents valuable material on civil defense in book format. Requires the DjVu plugin available from http://www.djvu.com/plugins/index.php
Resources available include the complete scanned in versions suitable for printing of the following:
Nuclear War Survival Skills - a companion to the HTML version.
This updated and expanded edition of Nuclear War Survival
Skills gives instructions that have enabled untrained Americans
to make high-protection-factor expedient shelters, efficient air
pumps to ventilate and cool shelters, the only homemakable
fallout radiation meter that is accurate and dependable, and
other life-support equipment. There instructions have been
developed by Oak Ridge National Laboratory civil defense
researchers and others over the past 14 years. and have
been field-tested repeatedly tinder simulated crisis condition.
Over 400,000 privately reproduced copies of the original 197
9 Oak Ridge National Laboratory edition have been sold.
You and your family can improve your chances of surviving
during and af ter a nuclear attack by learning tile nuclear
facts and following the self-help instructions given in this book.
Expedient Shelter Design - Cresson wrote to me about this book:
Expedient Shleter Design Construction and Occupancy
Experiments was my most influential book before
Nuclear War Survival Skills. Printed copies have not
been available for years. NTIS sells only almost illegible
microfiche copies, and I have only one printed copy.
In the belief that you will be interested in seeing captioned
photos of soem of the practical filed testing upon which
NWSS is based, today I had the enclosed copy made for you.
With appreciation for your ongoing work putting NWSS
on worldwide computer nets, I remain
Emergency Rescue Training - PURPOSE OF STUDENT MANUAL
This student manual on rescue contains a resume of
most of the subjects covered in the Office of Civil Defense
instructor guides on basic, light, and heavy duty rescue.
It is a guide to emergency "spot" training of expanded
rescue forces by civil defense rescue cadremen who have
been trained in OCD-approved light or heavy duty rescue.
It is not intended to replace the complete lesson plans in
the instructor guides. Rescue cadremen should deter-
mine the training time for each subject on the basis of:
A. Background experience of personnel to be trained.
B. Ratio of untrained to trained personnel.
C. Equipment available.
D. Time available for training.
Fighting Chance Book - 10 Feet to Survival
Everyone knows that civil defense is boring.
Civil defense is bomb shelters and stored food and
medical kits. Civil defense doesn't have laser weap
ons, or satellites in outer space, or even guerrilla war
fare. Hollywood isn't going to make a movie about a
teenage computer whiz who breaks into a civil
defense computer and nearly starts World War III.
Civil defense doesn't have a computer to break into.
Yes, civil defense is boring. It's boring until the
day the air raid sirens sound, and you finally ask
yourself the 64-billion-dollar question: "What do we
Fighting Chance Newsletter - the 618 page archive - a wealth of information with an extensive Table of Content for immediate access to particular materials.
We now live in the nuclear age. For those who
understand and accept this fact, nuclear
science can provide prosperity, longevity,
wealth, defense, knowledge, and a general in
crease in the quality of life far beyond that
possible in the non-nuclear age which preceded
this one. Defense and knowledge are essential
to the preservation of our freedom. For
those, however, who live in the past and
to avoid nuclear science, the future will
bring poverty, slavery, and an early death.
A vocal minority of political agitators and
propagandists have, during the last 25 years,
tried to force the American people to live
in the past. These propagandists have lied about
nuclear science. Since nuclear science is a new
and specialized subject, its truths are beyond
the common intuitive experiences of most people.
The lies, therefore, have been easily
spread and have misled many people.
The effects of these lies have served, in part,
to decrease our wealth and have deprived
us of certain life-saving technologies. Since
Americans are already wealthy and relatively
healthy as a result of the accomplishments of
previous generations, unrealized new
prosperity is not as evident.
Electricity generated by nuclear energy is
one example. Adequate nuclear power would
free us from the costs and uncertainties of
foreign oil imports. Nuclear electric plants are by
far the safest and potentially the most economical
large-scale producers of electric power.
Our domestic fuel and energy costs and our
pollution and labor-related illnesses and injuries
are higher than they should be.
Fighting Chance DVD Set - a thorough explanation of the most extensive DVD video and MP3 collection available for Civil Defense. All of the materials printed on all of our civil defense websites is recreated on these DVDs. But more extraordinary; all the essential education you need to implement the recommendations of the books are deonstrated on video for you and your family to see. This makes the material all the more real and easy to learn. Since it gives you all these materials on DVD it gives you access to this wealth of material even when you are disconnected from the Internet.
- This is our combination data and video DVD. You get:
- A copy of all our websites for use independent of the Internet
- 150 MP3 files from the annual Doctors for Disaster Preparedness meetings
- Digital copies of all our Civil Defense books ready to print
- 30 Year Archive of the Access to Energy Newsletter
- Nutrition and Cancer books
- 13 year archive of the Civil Defense Newsletter
- Fighting Chance DVD
- Emergency Medicine Presentation & Interview - Dr Jane Orient
- Steel Blast Shelter Tour - Dr. Arthur B Robinson
- Moble Shlter Display Tour - Dr. Arthur B Robinson
- Nuclear War Survival Skills Ovewview - Cresson H Kearny
- Road to the Wall
- Nuclear War Survival Skills - with Cresson H Kearny
- Part 1: Expedient Blast and Radiation Shelters (102 minutes)
- Part 2: Shelter Ventilation and Various Other Survival Skills (78 minutes)
- Nuclear War Survival Skills - with Cresson H Kearny
- Part 3: Home-makeable and Commercial Fallout Radiation Meters (117 minutes)
- Part 4: Nuclear War Facts as Told to Teenagers (74 minutes)
- Soviet Civil Defense - all with English translation soundtracks
- 1. Injury from the Fallout Radiation Can Be Avoided
2. Actions in the Face of Nuclear Attack-The Main Point is Not to Panic
3. The Shelter-A Dependable Means of Protection
4. What You Must Know About Nuclear Weapons
5. Learn How to Use Your Gas Mask
6. The Danger of Bacteriological Weapons
7. Blast Shelters, Fallout Shelters, and the Rules for Using Them (5th Grade)
8. Skillfully Respond to the Threat of Attack and to the Warning Signals (5th Grade)
9. Protecting Livestock
10. Dealing with Public Utility Emergencies
11. Fallout Shelters and How to Build Them
12. How to Counteract Chemical Contamination
13. Countering Pathogenic Bacteria
14. Fire Fighting
15. The Reception and Billeting of the Evacuating Population
16. If the Siren Sounds
17. After Departing the Area of Destruction
- Part 1: Introduction and Interview of Dr. Leon Goure (97 minutes)
- Part 2: Soviet Training Manuals, Books, and Journals - Section 1 (86 minutes)
- Soviet Civil Defense
- Part 3: Journals - Section 2 and Soviet Training Film - Number 1 (81 minutes)
- Part 4: Soviet Training Films Number 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 (88 minutes)
- Soviet Civil Defense
- Part 5: Soviet Training Films Number 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 (91 minutes)
- Part 6: Soviet Training Films Number 12,13, 14, 15, and 16 (89 minutes)
- Combined DVD
- Soviet Civil Defense - Part 7: Presentation by Dr. Leon Goure, Soviet Training Film Number 17, and Soviet Civil Defense Posters (92 minutes)
- Facts About Nuclear War - As Explained to School Children by Dr. Jane Orient